Replacement 7mm mechanisms

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

siric

Hello,

I have some Trimlines from PSI where the twist mechanism is extremely loose. I have been searching for some replacement one that I can put in.

Have seen some on Berea Hardwoods (none on PSI - I was surprised!).

Does anyone have experience with the Berea ones or know of somewhere else?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!

Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Exoticblanks.com

I woild give a link, but im on my phone
Just checked, out of stock.

Try woodturningz.com

Harry

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hello,

I have some Trimlines from PSI where the twist mechanism is extremely loose. I have been searching for some replacement one that I can put in.

Have seen some on Berea Hardwoods (none on PSI - I was surprised!).

Does anyone have experience with the Berea ones or know of somewhere else?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!

Steve

Does this mean it fits in the tube loose?

If so, it is probably a tube issue, not the transmission. I don't know of any difference in transmissions (sizewise), but different tubes would not surprise me.

So, I'm guessing you won't solve the problem with different transmissions.:eek::eek:

sbell111

I would take a good look at technique before I blamed the parts.

A slimline/trimline/comfort refill that retracts while writing with the pen is often caused by a mechanism that was pressed in too far, resulting in the refill tip being unable to extend far enough to reach the stop. A refill that has fallen into the 'stop' position cannot retract no matter how much pressure is put on it by the writer.

If the tube is too large to allow the mechanism (or other part) to be pressed in securely, it is more likely to be a milling problem than a mechanism that is too small or a tube that is too big, in my opinion.

Top Bottom