Replace Rifle Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

I would like to replace the clip that comes on the original bolt action and mini-bolt action kits with a more standard type clip; not a rifle. The top of the upper section is a threaded finial so it is effectively a clip held down with nut.

Cigar clips don't work. None of the other clips I had laying around work. Can anyone refer me to a clip that will replace the stock clip?

Chasper

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKSCLIPGM.html

This is the most generic I've found that woks, otherwise the only thing is the gun or deer. PSI has these peep site ones in several different finishes.

I bought a bunch of these from PSI but there is a problem. This pen has a notch for clip placement. There is a part of the clip that I'll call a connector, it connects the ring that goes around the top of the pen with the long part of the clip. On the peep site clips the thickness of the metal in the connector is less than the notch is deep so that when the back of the finial is screwed down it does not make contact with the clip, leaving it loose.

Maybe a drop of adhesive, or a thin metal shim would fill the gap, but I'm making a couple hundred of these. Anybody have an easier solution?

Top Bottom