Repair for Sierra Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tseger

I turned a sierra click pen for my Mom a few years back and recently the clip was broken off of it. My question is, does the actual clip come off of the finial assembly? I have the pen apart and when the clip didn't easily come off, i thought i better ask the experts. Thanks in advance for the help. Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tseger

Is there some kind of special tech niche to doing this safely? I can get the old one off but getting the replacement clip off without damage is the one that concerns me. Tim

johncrane

Tim! the clip does come off the cap finial, i take it you have removed the click button,and plastic mechanism pen barrel/tube if not unscrew click button counter clockwise then push the clicker parts thru the housing . once there apart, place the cap bush in a vice with the clip and cap sitting between the vice jaws, and nip up the jaws to hold the brass bush,next get yourself a steel punch that just fits thru the clicker hole then hit the punch onto the top of the brass bush this will remove the cap and clip from the brass bush. Tim the photo is not a click pen but this is how to hold the cap end to remove clip form the bush

Attachments

• 17-IMG_0240.JPG
    17-IMG_0240.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Top Bottom