Reliable Pencil Kits- NEED ADVICE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I have turned cigar pencil kits in the past, and have had decent luck with them. I have now been asked to turn a pencil that has a .05 or .07 lead size and is a smaller body, much like a 7mm or similarly smaller pencil kit.

I NEED RECOMMENDATIONS on successful and very reliable pencil kits with the name of the kit and the vendor to purchase from. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, those that have a bunch of experience with the pencil kit sales and the experience of turning them would also be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Asking for a reliable pencil kit is a bit like searching for the Holy Grail I am afraid!
You mentioned having good luck with the Cigar pencil, which I believe means you have used the Schmidt pencil mechanism, (That is what the cigar pencil kits I have seen use)... They will work in most, if not all, Parker style pens, although sometimes some modification is neccessary ... http://content.penturners.org/library/pencils/sierrapencil1.pdf

The Schmidt mechanisms are available from Indypendance, Exotics, Beartooth, and Berea among others.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I purchased this one in July, 2011 commisioned by a lady that wanted a thin .5mm pencil. I haven't heard back from her regarding it's reliability. I'm hoping no news is good news!
Search Results - Craft Supplies USA
It was the only one I was able to find at the time that met her wishes.

Top Bottom