Refills Rattle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rink

Several recent pens have had a problem with the tip of the refill "rattling" where it protrudes from the nib section. I tried both the stock refills and the Schmidt refills, same results. So I conclude that it's the nib section that's been drilled out too large diameter. Happened with PSI Sierra click, PSI Victorian, Exotics Triton. It's noticeable when writing, each time you move the pen you can feel and hear the refill tip move within the nib opening. It's not disasterous, but I just don't think that should happen, especially if I expect to describe the pens as at least "good quality".

I can probably figure out how to fill the nib hole w/ CA or something then drill it out smaller, but I don't think I should have to do that. Any thoughts?

sbell111

One reason that the nib hole is made a bit larger than it need to be for the standard parker refills is because the gel refills tend to be fatter at the nib end and require a bigger hole. You could swap those refills out for gel and see if the problem is mitigated. As a plus, people often prefer how they write compared to the standard ones.

Top Bottom