Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyDriver

Anyone have any problems with the refills that come with pen kits. I have a WC euro pen that I made for my self and am having problems with ink flow. I would hate to sell pens, or give them as gifts, only to have the people hate the pen because of the refills. Just wondering if there is better quality refills out there somewhere and should I be replacing all of the refills before I sell or give away the pens

Thanks!

Greg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

I've had the same problem with a CS kit and a "B" kit, just replaced them with a new refill and works great.

I tell everyone I stand behind the product. If they complain about the ink I would replace it.

wudwrkr

Generally I've had good success with the refills that come with the kits, but I just had my first bad refill the other day. [:(]

I test every pen before I sell it or give it away. [;)]

HuskyDriver

I test everyone also but this one just started acting up only after about 2 days of using it. Weird?

Dario

Most that I got had good refill but as with anything, you can get a dud once in a while.

The most problems I had is with Rollerballs actually...they tend to skip after a while, that is why I bought a couple hundred when Tangboy did a group buy for Schmidt 888. The ones I am having problem with are Hauser.

Dario

By the way, I include free refills for all Parker type and Rollerballs I sell now (though I only sold a few [:D])...just in case they get a bad refill [;)]

HuskyDriver

I agree that giving a new refill is they way to go if the customer gets a bad one but by then the damage to customer relations may be done. Think I'll go with giving a free refill with each pen to avoid any bad feelings. Thanks for all of your help

Greg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
IF they buy a pen and get a "bad" refill and IF they see you somewhere to ask about it, THEN they expect you NOT to believe them (that's the current state of customer service). So, IF you are very quick to tell them that once in a while such things happen when you sell hundreds of pens and IF you quickly replace their refill-THEY ARE SHOCKED!!! And, usually they buy at least one more pen, sometimes quite a few more. Yes, this is based on personal experience-more than once.

The trick is to GIVE them the refill, put it in the pen, and make them feel really special about your service. NO ONE ELSE DOES!!!

Rifleman1776

While trying to find refills for my Baron, I took one out of a finished but unused pen. It leaked like crazy. Wadda mess. This was the Hauser 707 that comes with them. I have since discovered that the following also work in the Baron: Hauser 777, Schmidt 888, Pilot and Zebra JF. The Zebra is what I have now. They are about $2.00 for two, compared to almost $5.00 each for some of the others. I am going to give a card with this information with all my Barons from now on.

gerryr

There are only Cross and Cross imitations. The genuine Cross refills are around $3.00 each at Office Depot, but there are people on eBay who sell the same thing for around $1.00 if you buy 12 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom