Refill storage?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

It is that time of year again here in AZ. [8D]
I have, up until now, stored my refills with the appropriate kits in the shop (garage). I am wondering if the 100 or so degree temperatures in the shop could be hurting the refills and if I should move them inside the house until they are ready to be installed..? Or if they will be fine where they are.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Kevin, all that laughing we did when they were freezing and getting snowed in...I think it is now payback for us. [V] Bring the refills inside the house, heat kills everything. Can't hurt, better than being in the shop.

rtparso

Stop the whining[:D] I was only 104 today[8D]. Well 108 at the sign accross the street[:0]. But it was a whole 11% RH yea it's a dry heat.

dubdrvrkev

Yeah, its a dry hotter than $#!t. With the master cool on it is nearly tollerable, but after sundown its okay. Although, brilliant me, when picking colors for my house thought this dark brown looked good, which it does, but it soaks up heat so much so that you can feel it coming off the walls.

Anyway, thanks Anthony. I'll make somewhere in my office to keep refills.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It is a good question. What are the tolerances of ink? Of course, in WI, we don't get 108 real often, but 10-20 below is a distinct possibility. And, when we do hit 90, we can rely on 90% humidity-does humidity affect the ink?

Thanks to anyone who knows.

PenWorks

OT: Kevin, I was thinking of getting a master Cool for the shop, does it help at all? What size do you have? This weekend, I could not go in there until sundown as well. [8D] 5:30 AM tee times are a premium this time of year [:D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Anyone who would get early enough for a 5:30 AM tee time just to hit a poor defenseless little round ball and then chase it and hit it again with $500+ worth of clubs is crazier than a pen turner.. [}:)][:D]

dubdrvrkev

Anthony, I have the smallest mobile master cool and I use it in a 3 car garage. It works okay but it helps if you are in the path of the wind. I set it in my service door and it blows in the direction of my work area. I also keep one of the garage doors open a few feet. In the heat of the day it is still not comfortable but at least tollerable, keep the sweat from dripping all over your work. That said, it is no substitute for refrigeration, I've heard of people putting a block of ice in the resevior to cool the water more but I have never tried it.

airrat

Its almost 10pm in Chandler, I just came in and was sweating up a storm. I had a fan blowing on me. This is going to be a bad summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom