Refill rattle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Prevett

I just finished my first PSI Polaris kit and have a question. Should the pen rattle? I think the tranny is in deep enough, I see the refill lock into position when I extend it, but when I retract the refill and if I shake the pen, I can hear the refill rattle. Any suggestsions?

TIA

rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I'd give the supplier a call and ask this question. It sure doesn't seem right. I'd tell you about my experience, but I've only made the lookalike Atlas by Berea. It doesn't rattle.

driften

Did you forget the spring on the end of the refill? None of the Atlas I have made rattle (or any of my other kits). If you take the refill out does it still rattle? Just trying to narrow down what is making it happen...

driften

I wonder if the spring is too short..... The the refill extend the same amount if held point down as point up when the refill is extended.

driften

Originally posted by Rick Prevett
<br />Jeff, I don't have the pen with me, but you might have something there. You second sentence was a question right? I'll check on it, thanks.

rick

Yea sorry. I was typing the question while thinking about some database issues on a web site. I sure don't multitask like I used to!

Daniel

Mine rattle, I have several of them from P.S.I. and they all do.
Just one more of those little reasons CSUSA wins me over more and more.

Rick Prevett

Thanks for the news Daniel. Sure wish CSUSA hadn't quit their reseller program. My local source switched to PSI, darn'em. Sure cut down on my impulse buying though. [:)]

dubdrvrkev

I have made a few Polaris now and 2/3 of them rattle. I think the tubes are a little long. The one that didn't is the one I was afriad was going to be too short, due to an error that we won't speak of [8)] fortunately it works and turned out one of my better Polaris.
My suggestion is if you make more just take a little extra off when you square the blank.

Rick Prevett

After Jeff's thought that the spring might be to short, I kept stretching the spring out, and 95% of the rattle went away. I'll post a pic. Thanks all for your help.

/*later - pic is posted in my folder */

rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom