Refill Question for Slimline Pencil Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wwnovice

Hi All,

First post here. Great forum!

I need to find a source of lead and eraser refills for my slimline kits. I know that I need .7mm leads for most of the kits, except for the Woodcraft kits which use .5mm leads. It also appears that the erasers on these kits are all the same size.

My question is twofold - 1st, where do you folks usually purchase these refills? And, for the erasers, how do I know I'm getting the right size refill, since most places I've seen online don't specify the size.

Thanks,
John

MobilMan

Just went thru this a week ago. Try 'Office Max' 'Office DePot" etc. I emailed Woodcraft tech support about the erasers. They shipped -1- no charge. But you can order the lead & erasers from them if there's none of the other outlets around. Me, I've gotta go at least 125 miles to go to those places. Woodcraft used to use the 7mm lead but I found out the last time I got some they are 5mm. Too small for me. You might check out Wal Mart junk store for the lead.

randyrls

Try to get Pentel leads. Them are available in both .5 and .7 mm and several hardnesses. The erasers can also be had from Pentel, but you need to go to stationary or drafting store. Measure the erasers! The normal stationary borg store will not have the erasers.

If you have a good local store, make sure the manager knows.

nava1uni

I get both leads and eraser from Office Depot, Office Max and Staples. The erasers are a different color, they are white, but the neat thing is that they come in a little container and they come with a little wire that you can use to unjam the lead if it gets caught. I have use mechanical pencils for years and even pentels can jam, that is why they give you the little wire. It works great.

Top Bottom