Refill Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dhallnc

Do you prefer fine or medium.

Thanks.

That is more of a personal thing for most people. Kind of like 2 door or 4 door car or truck or SUV. Do you like your pencil sharp or do you like it dull? I think only you or your customers can answer that.

What do the majority of your customers prefer?

What is the refill the comes with a kit?

Thank you!

IPD_Mrs

First, which kits are we talking about.

If it is a Jr Gent type pen then it is either an 888 or 5888 fine supplied with the kit. The fine sell about 2:1

If it is a Cigar or Sierra type pen then most use the Easy Flow 9000 which only comes in a medium point.

Cross refills are pretty even across the board with a slight advantage to the medium.

This is based on what we have sold in the last three months. Other vendor may have different results and are encouraged to chime in.

dhallnc

I'm just talking slimlines right now which I assume is the cross. I don't have anything to compare one to the other to, so your input helps.

Thanks!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Depends

Is the Private Reserve worth the extra cost compared to the refills that come with the slimline kits?

Thanks

That kind of depends, with some kits you can add a lot to the kit cost by substituting.

The private reserve cross style refills are a bit better writing that those provided with the kits. Some customers might even notice, most probably won't unless you keep a kit provided there for comparison.

If you are selling the pens with upgraded refills you might recover your cost of replacement. If your customers are coming back to you for refills than it is definately a good idea...and carry the PR refills in stock to sell as replacements when folks run out of ink.

Top Bottom