Refill question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikemac

Hello;

I have a client interested in purchasing several Euro (twist) style pens, but they have to have a gel/rollerball type refill, not ball point.

Is there an appropriate refill available?

Thanks
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

PSI and CUSA (and I'm sure others on this site) carry a European style roller ball. Unfortunately, both of the ones I am familiar with have screw on caps instead of a twist mechanism. I sell many european pens and all of my folks in health care ask for a twist mechanism because they can operate it with one hand.

To my knowledge, no one makes a twist type roller ball pen but the cigars and Sierras, gatsby,etc call all be upgraded to gel ink. If you find a "twist" mechanism rollerball kit I would be greatly interested.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
PSI makes the Euro in a 7mm, ball point design I believe they also make the pkmont-par in 8mm twist. I use the 8mm and take the Daycom refill out and use either the Private reserve refill from Exotic Blanks or the Schmidt 9000 refill from the Golden Nib. I believe there are other vendors here that caryy The Schmidt line as well.

PenMan1

PSI makes the Euro in a 7mm, ball point design I believe they also make the pkmont-par in 8mm twist. I use the 8mm and take the Daycom refill out and use either the Private reserve refill from Exotic Blanks or the Schmidt 9000 refill from the Golden Nib. I believe there are other vendors here that caryy The Schmidt line as well.

Am I missing something? I thought the Schmidt 9000 (Parker style) is still ballpoint? Is it available in a rollerball?

Chasper

Monteverde makes a cross compatible gel. It comes in some great colors. Office Max sells them

PenMan1

Penman1 nope your right, I misread the original post,:confused: Mike

Dang, I was hoping I had missed something. A Schmidt Easy Flow 9000 in a rollerball configuration would fix all my problems (other than the health care delima:foot-in-mouth:). I was getting all excited.

zig613

Mike...

Both PSI and Berea make a 8mm twist euro kit that takes a Parker refill. Simply replace the Parker refill with a "gel" refill available at Staples, Walmart, etc.. Or, as previously mentioned in the replies here upgrade to the Schmidt 8900 refills.

Wade

Top Bottom