Refill question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwasil

I've searched on this site long enough for previous postings so I maybe re-hashing old stuff here but I have no idea what to tell people when they ask me what type of refill to use.

I make a variety of pens (slimlines, designers, cigars, ligeros, Gentlemen Jrs., Barons) but I've always just kept them for myself or given them away as gifts. I'm getting good enough at penturning to where I think at the end of this year I'll be in a couple of shows. I'd like to make up a little card or something telling folks about the wood, the care of the pen and the refill to use but I have no idea what I'm putting in the pen. I've got a slimline, designer & cigar kit sitting in front of me and the cartridge says nothing on it. Can someone please point me in the direction of how find this information along with the possible options. I'd like to be able to offer folks somes options of color and style (RB, gel, etc.). Thank you.

dmadis

You should be able to get the refill info at Penn States site:
http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSI&Product_Code=PK-PEN&Category_Code=BPP
On the same page as the various pens, scroll down and they have the refills available--Cross, Parker style, etc.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You can direct customers to Office Max, Office Depot, etc. I sell a number of Cigar pens, pointing out that Parker has introduced a gel refill, in addition to their normal ballpoint choices. The refills I actually supply, when asked, are gel refills from Penn State or Craft Supply-they both work well, however, customers don't want to chase you around to get refills.

(When they do see you at a show, a free refill will often generate a new sale for another pen or two-no one has ever come back to tell me they dont like their pen!)

Fred in NC

The one that bothers me the most is the 'mini' pen that uses a special short refill. Well, today while browsing at Target I found the mini refills on the rack. Black ink only. 2/$1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom