Refill for cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

I had a few cigar pens and a few jr. gents showing them to a customer. She loved the look and feel of the cigar but loved the way the rollerball wrote. She asked if I could get a rollerball for the cigar pen. I searched this site but did not find my answer.
So folks is there a rollerball refill that fits a cigar pen?
Thanks William

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

The Schmidt Easy Flow 9000 is probably your best choice. It is sold by several IAP member vendors.

Parker makes a gel refill and it can be found at most office supply stores or from the same vendors referenced above(probably).

Do a good turn daily!
Don

I had a few cigar pens and a few jr. gents showing them to a customer. She loved the look and feel of the cigar but loved the way the rollerball wrote. She asked if I could get a rollerball for the cigar pen. I searched this site but did not find my answer.
Thanks William

KenV

The Schmidt 9000 is also sold as a Private Reserve 9000.

Almost rollerball feel.

PILOT G2 is popular also as a gel style refill.

triw51

How do I do a search for the vendors? I went to vendor forum (under the marketplace heading) and searched for "Schmidt 9000" and I came up empty. Any help would be gratfully appreciated.
William

The Schmidt Easy Flow 9000 is probably your best choice. It is sold by several IAP member vendors.

Parker makes a gel refill and it can be found at most office supply stores or from the same vendors referenced above(probably).

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Thanks William

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
OK, here's a perhaps dumb question...:redface:

I appreciate that there are much better refills out there to replace the ballpoint, but surely the 'feel' is determined by the type of pen??
A traditional Parker style ballpoint doesn't have a 'sprung' refill. It's spring is only to return the refill into the pen, but a capped rollerball has a spring behind the refill which acts like a cushion, thus making it more comfortable to use. Where does the advantage come from by swapping a regular BP refill to a RB-esque refill come from?:confused:

IPD_Mr

Skippy I don't think there is an advantage per say on switching from a true ball point to an Easy Flow or Gel type refill. The pen is still the same pen and the refill retracts and extends the same way as you well know. The advantage is how the ink lays down on the paper. Some people prefer the ball point while others like the smoother flow of a gel or the Easy Flow. Very much how some prefer fine point and others prefer medium point. Your best advantage is having the right refill that will make your potential customer happiest, without having to look around for a replacement that suits their tastes. If someone likes the feel of how a rollerball places the ink on the paper, don't bother showing them a Cigar or a Sierra that has a ballpoint refill. But on the other hand if you have customer that does not want to spring for a capped pen such as the Jr Gent and you can sway them to a Cigar with an Easy Flow or maybe even a G2 refill, then you might just save a sell. I realize this is somewhat difficult for you to grasp since you rarely sell pens and end up giving them away to the TA's of the world. :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I realize this is somewhat difficult for you to grasp since you rarely sell pens and end up giving them away to the TA's of the world. :biggrin:

LOL, just because I give them away, doesn't make my 'customers' any less disearning than those ripped off by TA's !! :tongue::biggrin: As you well know :wink:, selling price and good quality are not necessarily related. Otherwise you'd have to lower your prices somewhat!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom