Redressing Chinese pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

It is possible to purchase some fairly inexpensive but reasonably decent fountain pens from China via e-bay. Most are snap-cap, but there are a few screw-cap designs. Hero is one of the better brands - the Hero 329 is a replica of the classic Parker 51 with a hooded fine nib and a slip-on cap.

Has anyone ever tried using the 'innards' of one of these pens while constructing a new outer shell?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Here is a couple of pens based on the Hero 616 nib and collector/feed . They both write very nicely after a quick tuning of the nib .

This is a bulb filler version .

This is an aerometric filler version .

ldb2000

Butch, both very well done. Bravo!!! Have we seen these before?

Yes they were both in the SOYP forum . The top one was made from some Altertnative Black Marble and clear Lucite rod and is a bulb filling pen and the bottom was made with Aluminum and Brass and is an aerometric filling pen . The Parker 51 is one of my favorite FP's of all time , I love the hooded nibs . The Hero 616 donor pens were bought from someone on ebay and were ok to begin with but after a quick tune up turned out to be great writing nibs .

workinforwood

10-4 on the cheap china snap cappers! Some of those have great nib and feed sections with 14k nibs and interesting designs. Even though they might be built to snap..in my mind I just want the interesting feed sections and some times the pump sections are really nice too. It is no problem to rebuild the outer feed casing and add threads for a threaded cap. I have one with a 14 k dragon embossed into the nib that I think looks just super and some day I'll give it the kind of home it deserves.

Top Bottom