Red and yellow swirl blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

Normally I am only a wood blank guy but I am thinking of doing a pen in wedding colors, which happens to be red and yellow, for my SIL. I was hoping to find the swirled type similar to this:
AQP12.jpg

but with red as the main color with yellow being the lines.
I'm not interested in making my own since it is very rare for me to turn these. Does anybody have a source? Or do any of you makers want to sell me a few of your homebrews if you can make something like it?

elody21

What about laminating your pen with the colors you are looking for? Craft Supplies has a chrimson blank similar the the gold you have. I have never seen an acrylic with the colors you want. Usually Homebrew polyester resin has a learning curve and that is why I hesetate selling any. Since red is the main color what about a deep red with a yellow accent?

wayneis

The only ways that I know to get your colors because that mix is not for sale is one, make your own wood with a red died burl and a gold died burl or glue up two colors in a segmented or laminated style. I've done the died burl for a University of Michigan pen that I made about a year ago with Blue for the top and gold for the bottom blank. Two is call Steve at River Ridge and have him make a special order dymond wood blanks but that would be costly. Lastly would be to have someone like Ed or Anthony or Alice make you some but they would not have the lines that you show but would be two colors sirled together. If you still want to use acrylic you can laminate two colors together, I know in the crushed velvet they sell both red and gold or yellowish blanks.

Wayne

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom