red, white and blue pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes pens

Does anyone know where I could find some red, white and blue pen blanks (man made materials I guess)? A friend wants me to make some pens in the colours of the New York Giants and the Montreal Expos.

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

check out this past post

As you may have seen in some of the various posts, the guys on SawmillCreek (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20167 ) have gotten a BOAT LOAD (almost literally) of Corian from Dupont for use with the FPP. They are looking for people to make pens from the Corian, and are shipping out boxes of it for about $9. They say each box has enough Corian to make about 100 pens. I'm willing to pay the shipping, but I don't know when I'll have the time to make 100 pens. Is there anyone in the DC area who is willing to make the pens with me if I decide to do this? My goal would be to try to knock out as many of them as possible so they can be overseas in time for Christmas, at the latest. I'll even collect the pens when we're done and pay the postage down to Norfolk.

So, any takers?
Edited by - JimGo on May 27 2005 2:13:17 PM

mikes pens

I should have explained my post better. I am looking for pen blanks that have red, white and blue all mixed in together in the same blank but you are able to see the 3 colours. I guess what I am looking for is something like the red, white and black celluloid blanks that Craft Supplies carries (only in red, blue and white).
Mike

wayneis

Hut has a blank called the USA swirl that is very good. I just finished a Statesman with it and it sounds just like what you are looking for. Red, white and blue all swirled into a blank. they have two sizes now too.

Wayne.

Deere41h

I bought a box of the red - white & blue corian from:

www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20167

and you can build you own blanks in any shape you want.

I got about 28 lbs with about equal amounts of each color.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The red, white and blue corian blanks that you get from Saw Mill Creek are meant to be used for the Freedom Pen Project ONLY... they are not meant for personal use.. that is a stipulation that the supplier put on the deal..

airrat

Please if you order the blanks from Saw Mill Creek use them for the FPP only. If people abuse this, a chance to get this much "free" material will not happen again.

The guy sending the Corian out does sell it. He sends a product list out with prices. Also has a web site.

*edited* for typos. need coffee to see straight

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Sounds like a chance for the resin casters to come up with something.
IIRC the red corian is the problem, not many people want red corian counter tops, so gettng scraps can be a problem.
New corin is available but epensive but you get your choice of colors.
I don't make many slimlines per se and don't like working with 1/2" stock for glue ups.

you twi need to get together
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6978

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />The red, white and blue corian blanks that you get from Saw Mill Creek are meant to be used for the Freedom Pen Project ONLY... they are not meant for personal use.. that is a stipulation that the supplier put on the deal..

There are a lot of discussion on the forum. I have seen reference to the Freedom Pen Project but never looked into it. With a son-in-law about to be deployed to Iraq and other friends in the service, I now will.

alamocdc

Mike, I could probably make some up (not like my solid inclusions), but I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back until July 5th. I'm guessing you want it sooner than this so I would recommend one of the Hut RW&B lines.

scturner

Mike,

I've done a lot of resin casting lately and think I might can come up with the red, white and blue blanks you're looking for. I already have some of these colors cut into blanks and ready to go.

My wife and I were talking just the other day about doing some red white and blue pens for July 4th. Not knowing exactly what your looking for I can do the blanks a couple different ways to get the colors into the blanks.

Or, If you're interested in just buying some of my red, white and blue blanks I already have you could cut and make the blanks any way you'd like for your pens. Some of the blanks have pearl mixed in the blanks and some like the red are just solid red color.

Below are some recent shots of full molds and also blanks cut up from those molds. You can see the red, white and blue ones in both pics. Email me if you're interested in these.

I hope it's ok to post these here, if not, someone please let me know.

Thanks,

2005615193150_Resin-blanks--11.jpg
<br />

2005615193217_Sawed-resin-blanks.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom