Red Coconut palm????????????????????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sorry no picture.
Sorry this post doesn't belong here(continual gripe too many segmented forums)
I know I remember seeing a red coconut palm finished pen somewhere and I believe it was on this site.
I've tried a search and not come up with a picture.
I have Googled it and came up with some resorts.
Has anyone turned a pen of this wood?
If so,could you point me in the right dirction to view it?
(The only other forum I thought that might fit this topic is discussions but becuase this is penturning related I put it here,what a concept!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Eagle. I went to our photo album search box, put in "coconut palm" and got this.
http://www.penturners.org/oldalbums/Gulfcoast/Dennis%20Pen2A.JPG

G

I used the search on this forum also.
I tried teh photo search and came up empty,
I also used the general search and came up with a few threads but no pictures.
Is there a browser setting I am missing?
I just tried coconut palm and the only hit I got was my own thread.
What's the secret?
What's the difference between"search for all words"?and
match any of the words?
Exact phrase came up nill

ilikewood

Eagle, Hut sells a stabilized and dyed Coconut wood for pen blanks in a few different styles. It is fantastic looking wood with wild grain.

Don't confuse "red coconut" with red palm. Two different woods, but with similar looks. Red palm has redish fibers in a tan type wood, while coconut is usually tan fibers in a tan wood which can be dyed in an assortment of colors. Both woods...or techically grass... (in unstabilized form) are difficult to turn due to tear outs. You just gotta be careful and you'll have a wonderful looking pen.

G

DC
I know,
results in photography for coconut palm

Topic Author Replies Read Last Post
No Matches Found

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
No you don't you old two-horned, forked-tail demon! [}:)]

From the top of the Main page, click on Photo Gallery. There is another search within the albums. Type coconut palm THERE and you'll find it! [:p]

Always glad to be of service.

(This is tongue-in-cheek for you who don't know us. I finally met Eagle yesterday and he's actually a REALLY good guy who showed me a display of 4 or 5 dozen beautiful pens he's made recently) [8D]

G

Originally posted by jeff
<br />OK Lou, so what's his REAL name? [:)]

Rumplestiltskin[}:)]
Lou
I clicked on search,entered what I was looking for,entered the forum I was searching in no hits.
If the search forum does not work from the opening page why is it there.
If the "search forum" doesn't work and you have to go to the forum you are searching rather than the choices on the page,then it should be changed.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Eagle...the search forum is a text-string, boolean-logic search. It checks everyword in the forum postings' text, but not in file names or file descriptors, just like Google. The search function for filenames and descriptors is separate, again just like Google.

G

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Eagle...the search forum is a text-string, boolean-logic search. It checks everyword in the forum postings' text, but not in file names or file descriptors, just like Google. The search function for filenames and descriptors is separate, again just like Google.
Thanks for the answer but I didn't understand any of it.
Bottom line(and you can try this)
Go to the opening page click search,type in coconut palm,select which forum and you get no hits.
try it with all forums and you get no hits.
I can get it to come up if I search photography IN the photography site.
There are a lot of sites on the Inet with searches that come up nil.
If I click on a box that says to search all forums without going to a particular forum I expect it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom