RED/BLACK ACRYLIC NEEDED

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenamison

We are in desperate search of a red and black acrylic spindle. We would like it to be at least the 2 X 2 X 6 like that of PSI. I know that PSI carries a red that has more of a white swirl in it and the one that looks red and black on thier website is actually a gold and black. So, does anyone have any ideas. The guys at my husbands fire station would really like some pens out of it, but I haven't been able to find it. I figured ya'll have been so helpful in the past that I would put the question out there.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Andy Ryan

FOR THE COST OF BUYING THAT MANY COMMERCIALLY MADE AA BLANKS. YOU COULD BUY THE SUFF AND MAKE YOUR OWN AND STILL HAVE ENOUGH MATERIAL LEFT OVER TO MAKE 50 OR SO PENS.

DO A SEARCH ON IAP OR YAHOO PENTURNRES. YOU MITE FIND YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE.

I HAVENT DONE IT MY SELF (YET), WANT TO.

Doghouse

Red and black bowling ball blanks. Cut up and epoxy back together. You will have glue lines, but it gives you the color.

Or you could mix Red and black polimer (sp) clay. Ed (YoYoSpin) did and article for woodturning design I think it is the current issue on how to do it.

I just recieved a copy of Woodturners Design magazine. Ed Davidson (YOYO SPIN) had a great article about using polymer clays to make pens. You can use red and black clay and get terrific results. I made a couple of pens from th eclay and they turned out great. I actually made one red and black for my daughter and it looks really good. You can reach Ed at edd777@adelphia.net. I found the magazine at Books a Million and wound up subscribing.

bjackman

Two questons, if you don't mind.
How many pens are you talking about? And, why do you need 2x2x6? Is that to cut into pen size pieces or are you planning a _really_fat_ pen [;)]

jenamison

We would like to make several large pens out of it and we would like to try making a duck call as well. The guys are really wanting the red and black for these items. We have not had a whole lot of luck finding them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom