Recommendations sought: Chicago Cubs-themed pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

law_kid

A friend has asked if I can make her a Chicago Cubs-inspired pen. I'm looking for suggestions as to how to proceed. About the only baseball hardware I can find is a replacement slimline clip from PSI.

Can anyone recommend: (1) hardware, (2) an acrylic color match, and/or (3) anyone who might sell Wrigley Field wood/blanks with with a COA? Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Depending on timing, it might be possible for Jeff Powell to make you a blank like this in the Red/White/Blue ...

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Athletes-in-Action-Baseball-II.html

Jeff Powell is also know as MasterScroller and is a member here. . I can help you with the contact if you need help.

This blank is also available ...

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Red-White-Blue-Alumilite-Swirl.html

... and there are other blanks with the right colors available from this vendor or others.

Another possibility is a pen blank from an old baseball bat. . There have been some of those sold recently by members here.

I have even seen a pen turned in the shape of a baseball bat but could not give a link to that. . A search on this site might reveal.

Last edited:

jimm1

Cubs pen

I do labels like this:

Attachments

• B628C481-49B1-4A39-AD5C-0E356AC7FD30.jpg
    B628C481-49B1-4A39-AD5C-0E356AC7FD30.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 214

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I've made a Cubs pan using the red, white and blue acrylic blanks and this for the upper. I made mine in the cigar style.

Attachments

• Roy's 1st order 1 2.jpg
    Roy's 1st order 1 2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

crokett

I was actually thinking something along the lines of WoodButcher's picture. Buy a baseball and cut the cover off, then glue it to a tube and cast it in resin.

Top Bottom