Recommendation for "Friendship" pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

law_kid

A coworker has asked for several pens to give to some friends of hers to commemorate their friendship anniversary. She was hoping for something that had a "friendship" tie-in. About the only thing I could think of was the PSI "Faith Hope Love" hardware, but this is probably both a bit too religious for the group and also isn't quite the right sentiment.

Anybody have any suggestions for a friendship-themed kit, or some other method of communicating the specific idea of friendship in the body of a pen?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elyk864

What about the Celtic pens, say something along the lines of the knots showing that their friendship is tied together blah blah blah something something.

A coworker has asked for several pens to give to some friends of hers to commemorate their friendship anniversary. She was hoping for something that had a "friendship" tie-in. About the only thing I could think of was the PSI "Faith Hope Love" hardware, but this is probably both a bit too religious for the group and also isn't quite the right sentiment.

Anybody have any suggestions for a friendship-themed kit, or some other method of communicating the specific idea of friendship in the body of a pen?

Thanks.

magpens

If the friends are female, I would recommend the PSI Diva Charm kit, or the Zoe pen kit from Signature Pen Supply. . I have made several of both and they are excellent.

If the friends are male, I would recommend the PSI 30 Cal Bolt Action kit or the Knurl from Signature. . Again, I have made several of both.

greenacres2

If the friends are female, I would recommend the PSI Diva Charm kit, or the Zoe pen kit from Signature Pen Supply. . I have made several of both and they are excellent.

If the friends are male, I would recommend the PSI 30 Cal Bolt Action kit or the Knurl from Signature. . Again, I have made several of both.

I like the Celtic Kit.

Mal--I've looked at the Diva Charm online, wondered about the crystal dangling. I take it you've had no real issues with that breaking off? Regarding the Zoe--since it's an 8mm tube, any chance the SlimLine Pro Pencil conversion would work?

thanks!!

Noot17

You could also use the thread art by Neil blanks from exotic blanks since they are similar to the friendship bracelets kids would make from colored thread in the 90s. Suppose it would depend on their ages, etc, but it would be like friendship bracelet pens, sort of.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

magpens

Earl,

I have had no problem with the Diva dangling crystal breaking off .... but I might have in the future. . I just gave one to my 10-yr old granddaughter and she just might test it to its limits.

As for converting the Zoe to a pencil, I haven't tried, but I would think that the Schmidt pencil mechanism would work in the 8mm tube. The Zoe takes a Parker refill and the Schmidt pencil mechanism is designed to replace the Parker, so I assume the diameter is compatible.

RobS

I gave my new engineer an Executive, she loves it. It has a long body, and I have found that most people have a favorite color that comes up in conversation. If you taylor the color of each pen to a person's favorite that tends to ring true with them. I gave my whole team pens for Christmas last year and each was a different color or wood grain to match their style.

I also cheated, made the pens and brought them in each time I was done asking for their opinion and telling them they were a commissioned piece. ;)

Top Bottom