Recommendation for "Friendship" pen? - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Penturning
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Penturning General penturning discussions not specifically addressed in one of the specialty forums.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2017, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Recommendation for "Friendship" pen?

A coworker has asked for several pens to give to some friends of hers to commemorate their friendship anniversary. She was hoping for something that had a "friendship" tie-in. About the only thing I could think of was the PSI "Faith Hope Love" hardware, but this is probably both a bit too religious for the group and also isn't quite the right sentiment.

Anybody have any suggestions for a friendship-themed kit, or some other method of communicating the specific idea of friendship in the body of a pen?

Thanks.
law_kid is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

What about the Celtic pens, say something along the lines of the knots showing that their friendship is tied together blah blah blah something something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by law_kid View Post
A coworker has asked for several pens to give to some friends of hers to commemorate their friendship anniversary. She was hoping for something that had a "friendship" tie-in. About the only thing I could think of was the PSI "Faith Hope Love" hardware, but this is probably both a bit too religious for the group and also isn't quite the right sentiment.

Anybody have any suggestions for a friendship-themed kit, or some other method of communicating the specific idea of friendship in the body of a pen?

Thanks.
elyk864 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 49

If the friends are female, I would recommend the PSI Diva Charm kit, or the Zoe pen kit from Signature Pen Supply. . I have made several of both and they are excellent.

If the friends are male, I would recommend the PSI 30 Cal Bolt Action kit or the Knurl from Signature. . Again, I have made several of both.

magpens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpens View Post
If the friends are female, I would recommend the PSI Diva Charm kit, or the Zoe pen kit from Signature Pen Supply. . I have made several of both and they are excellent.

If the friends are male, I would recommend the PSI 30 Cal Bolt Action kit or the Knurl from Signature. . Again, I have made several of both.
I like the Celtic Kit.

Mal--I've looked at the Diva Charm online, wondered about the crystal dangling. I take it you've had no real issues with that breaking off? Regarding the Zoe--since it's an 8mm tube, any chance the SlimLine Pro Pencil conversion would work?

thanks!!
greenacres2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

You could also use the thread art by Neil blanks from exotic blanks since they are similar to the friendship bracelets kids would make from colored thread in the 90s. Suppose it would depend on their ages, etc, but it would be like friendship bracelet pens, sort of.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Noot17 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Princess or Bling for female.

Bolt or Knurl GT...(Knurl's are priced daily well.)

Current set up:
a pair of Jet 1015VS
Jet 1221VS
MidAmericaPool Taig professional pool cue repair lathe....that somehow gets involved with pen blanks.
WriteON is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 49

Earl,

I have had no problem with the Diva dangling crystal breaking off .... but I might have in the future. . I just gave one to my 10-yr old granddaughter and she just might test it to its limits.

As for converting the Zoe to a pencil, I haven't tried, but I would think that the Schmidt pencil mechanism would work in the 8mm tube. The Zoe takes a Parker refill and the Schmidt pencil mechanism is designed to replace the Parker, so I assume the diameter is compatible.

magpens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-06-2017, 03:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Lazered hands shaking would be practical and worthwhile. Or give a puppy with each pen.

Peter.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 77

I gave my new engineer an Executive, she loves it. It has a long body, and I have found that most people have a favorite color that comes up in conversation. If you taylor the color of each pen to a person's favorite that tends to ring true with them. I gave my whole team pens for Christmas last year and each was a different color or wood grain to match their style.

I also cheated, made the pens and brought them in each time I was done asking for their opinion and telling them they were a commissioned piece. ;)
Old 10-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Photos: 6

in addition to the above ideas..engrave a short quote on a wood pen: 55 Inspiring Friendship Quotes For Your Best Friend | YourTango

Peace,

Tony
TonyL is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads