Recommend a pen for class

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I will be in Chattanooga this Thursday- grandson has a penturning class at the Woodcraft store. I want to make a pen for our Bible study class which is comprised of men and women. What would be a kit that would be a good one to take to our Christmas party? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Gatsby or Sierra with Praying Hands or double inlayed cross inlay. I have extras if you need them. Just down the road, but going out of town Thurs.

Woodchipper

Burlman, I'll see what WC has in stock and might get with you if needed; I found the caduceus clip for my daughter who is a nurse. Thanks for the offer.
Sending PM on something else.

If its for you to show off a faith,hope and love pen in pewter or brass makes a beautiful pen when done with olivewood, however if you are making several to give away that would be cost prohibitive, in that case a slimline in gold done in olivewood with a cross pen clip would be very nice.

Talltim

Find a nice scrap board around the church. It makes it personal. Then use a nicer kit. Jr gent up. When in front of a group show a nice one. It is good advertising. Otherwise Olvewood is always good in this setting.

Ps. Don't take part of the pulpit even if it is nice wood.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

Talltim, the church is new with concrete, stucco, etc. Pulpit is acrylic sheets. I doubt if there is any wood in the church. I could snitch an armrest from the balcony seats. :D
I am figuring on getting some Bethlehem Olive wood from WC this week. Wife thinks it a bit pricey but I agree, there is a meaning behind the wood that transcends the look of the wood. I could get a couple of blanks from one piece.

Top Bottom