recessed clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

schellfarms

I just read the tutorial on recessed clips. They really look cool. I didn't understand something though. Are the clips a modification of what comes in a kit, or are they ordered specially? Also the brass piece that gets ground down and slipped into the pen tube--same question about it. Is the end of the pen then turned like a finial and attached after the clip is attachedd, or am I missing the boat entirely?

sarah

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Which tutorial did you read? There are actually two different ones, one by MesquiteMan and one by Vick. The clip is the one that comes with the kit, just modified and the same is true of the brass peice. The finial end of the pen is turned just like a closed end pen, then a hole is cut into the pen where the clip will be inserted.

vick

Actually Bill Jackman not Mesquite man wrote the other one. The clips are the original clips for the pens that have been modified. The method mentioned in my tutorial will only work for a couple of kits. Bill's method will work for many more style of clips.

bjackman

sss,
As Mike said, my tutorial is just a variation of a method that has been developed by others.
If you look at the top left of the home page here, just below the IAP logo you will see a link to "our library". Once in the library go to "articles 2005" You will see a tutorial by Mike called "invisible clips" that should answer most of your questions. You might also want to take a look at the one by Jay Pickins entitled "countersunk pocket clip variations" as this has some relevance to the topic IMO. Kindof gives you an idea of what we are trying to accomplish hidden inside the closed end form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom