Recently completed pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ohiococonut

Lately I just can't seem to turn enough and I'm out in the shop for hours on end turning pens, bottle stoppers, seam rippers and anything else I can get my hands on. This has become so addicting, I can't stop. It's been only 3 months since I started and it's gotten out of control :eek: Between getting ideas and inspiration here coupled with the desire I just want to turn them all! Here are dozen I recently completed.
Coments (good and bad) always welcome.

NiceTwelve.jpg

1-Majestic Squire in Buckeye Burl
2-Executive in Black Ash Burl
3,5-Gatsby in Pine Cone, Buckeye Burl and BOW
6,7-Patrizio in Paper Birch Burl and Marble Claro Walnut
8-Polaris in some kind of spalted burl?
9-Vertex in God know what. I got the material from work years ago with the intent of making grip panels for my 1911. I ended up gluing them back together and making a pen out of some of it. It's some type of fiber and harder than the hubs of hell! But I thought it looked cool.
10-Diva in Box Elder Burl
11,12-Comfort in red, white and blue Corian and Pine Cone.

I like acrylic but prefer the burls. There's nothing like real wood. I'm fixin' to start casting soon and will be looking for advice from members. I've got an old dried up cactus plant that I've got my eye on that I think will make an interesting blank.

I've also learned yesterday that no matter how hot it gets in the shop Do Not go out in shorts and slippers to turn pens. I accidently dripped some ca and it stuck my middle toe to my slipper :frown:

oops. looks like I posted this in the wrong section

Last edited:

Paladin

CA and slippers...

I've also learned yesterday that no matter how hot it gets in the shop Do Not go out in shorts and slippers to turn pens. I accidently dripped some ca and it stuck my middle toe to my slipper :frown:

If it brings you comfort...you are not the first. :eek:

Top Bottom