Read article 3 before you vote!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
G

Originally posted by woodpens
<br />Eagle,

What are your thoughts on article #3? Are you referring to the requirements to achieve Grand Master Penturner?
Pretty much.
Not the only thing that sticks out.
20 pens with an average cost of $10.00 seems like we want to steal business from WalMArt.
I would rather see it based on skill.
I don't need some bone-head to determine if I am charitable nor should I choose to be charitable I don't go around "bragging" for lack of a better word about it to some AH committee.
It doesn't take much to be a member of the IAP just register whether you have made a pen or not.As far as the other"classifications" I completed those by this past August 2 months after turning on my lathe for the first time.
My third pen was a segmented spiral American Classic,
I never turned a slim line until my 20th pen.
This stuff aint rocket science otherwise I couldn't do it.
Turning a pen out of Corian?
Acrylics and Corian are for those who choose not to get a good finish on wood.
(off the soap box now,sorry but you asked)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
We cater to all pen turners. From those who can command and get hundreds of dollars per pen to our member from Bosnia who sells his pens for 50 cents. From those who are self-supporting with their craft to those who give things away. Unfortunately, we can't create a custom program for each of the 800+ members on the site. But we're doing our best to listen and adapt for the betterment of the organization.

G

WHo's in Bosnia I missed that one.
800 members?
there's only a total of 100 votes on the amendmant,barely 12%

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I do not recall the name of our Bosnian member, but we have one. As for the 100 votes, it doesn't matter how many vote. Those who care about the amendment are voting. As I recall, the election for our President only produced 80 votes or so. Fact is, all who wanted to be heard were heard.

As for your disdain for the amendment, we all hear you. If you haven't already done so, vote against it. If it passes, choose not to participate.

You have all of those rights as a member.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Eagle, I think it is time to back off and quiet down a little... as Lou said, if you don't like the amendment don't vote for it... I don't believe I have seen anyone else campaigning for or against it as hard as you are...
The active members of this group will form their opinions and those that don't feel the need to vote will have to live by them.
That is what a democracy is all about... If they don't vote they don't have the right to complain about what happens...
If for some reason they decide to suddenly become active, they can petition the BOD to make changes to the by-laws and we all get to vote again...
I personally do not like the amendment as it is written either... but it is up to the members to decide what will happen.. I have voted and will live with the decision of the majority...

G

Tom-
we finally agree on something,
Sorry I can't respect your request.
I find it hard to belive that anyone who actually read the amnnedment would vote for it.
Based on 800+ members and only 12% voting with the end of the vote drawing near maybe I can swing the tide,
Isn't that the democratic process?
( I was going to try to meet you last saturday while driving past the farmers market exit on 70 in Md but time was too short and I still had 400 miles to go)

G

Originally posted by whatwoodido
<br />Eagle-
I agree with you completely, and have stirred up just as much aggravation for stating at you have. Maybe we should dtart working on an admendment.

Drew
Hey what!
send me an e-mail

smoky10

I voted no but intend to remain a proud member of this org. no matter how the vote goes. You can get more things done from inside the group than you can from the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom