Re-turned to turning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

Well, went out and started 2 pens tonight. Just some old double twist kits I had. Haven't turned in about three years. Took longer to find all the stuff than it did to turn. One done, the other needed 'patching' so it is still on the mandrel. Not to far from 'riding a bike', but.......Felt good, might have to start this up again! Will post pics when done for proof :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Well, went out and started 2 pens tonight. Just some old double twist kits I had. Haven't turned in about three years. Took longer to find all the stuff than it did to turn. One done, the other needed 'patching' so it is still on the mandrel. Not to far from 'riding a bike', but.......Felt good, might have to start this up again! Will post pics when done for proof :)

Holy moly mate, that long...??? Didn't seem that long ago that I was reading some of your "current" threads/posts...!:eek: time do fly, huh...???:frown:

Yes, the one thing that hasn't changed on IAP is, the "no pics" say, you know how it goes...!:wink::biggrin:

Welcome back...!

Cheers
George

Paul in OKC

Haven't been completely away from the IAP, just haven't made a pen in that long. So far I realize one of the things I have missed about turning is peeling CA off my fingers for the next day or so after making a pen. I did have to run up to Woodcraft to get some new CA as my thin had turned to ultra gap filling!

SteveG

I have noticed your occasional comment here and there lately. So I was hoping and kind of expecting to see this thread...and here it is! Welcome back. For a very few, the addiction goes dormant. But it is still there!:)

OKLAHOMAN

Now I do expect next time we have lunch to see some of your handiwork other than some of your PH Designs vises, a finished pen will do nicely:biggrin::rolleyes:.

Paul in OKC

Re-turn pics

OK, here's the proof. Kits were some I have had for years, so good to get back into it with. Still turn a lot of stuff the 'old fashion' way on a mandrel. Don't have TBC bushings for these, yet. Anyway, made form some old tree branches off a friends property. Told him I needed some for a project, it just happens to be gifts for him and his wife :). Even managed a decent CA/BLO finish.

Attachments

• pens 1.JPG
    pens 1.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 104
  • pens 3.JPG
    pens 3.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 121

Charlie_W

The pens look great! They will surely be surprised and thankful when you present them. Doing something special for someone else feels good!

Top Bottom