RB to a fountain pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I have oftern converted a Jr Gent from a roller ball to a fountain pen for a customer. Can that be done with a Baron type pen? Are the parts interchangeable?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Yes. In fact, I cannot think of any type of pen (in which both rb & fp are available) where it is not possible to make the conversion.

Russianwolf

yes and no.

Don't ask we why, but some of the front sections are .5mm smaller than the others. There is no rhyme or reason that I've found, but it's true. I have a Baron Fountain pen at the house that I was swapping to RB, and the RB section slide in and out of the coupler while the fountain was a nice fit.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Ok now Mike that was not what I was wanting to hear!:biggrin: However, thanks for the heads up. I will try it out before I promise my customer. Thanks.

turbowagon

Also, you might need to knock out the tail finial if it is a postable pen, so you can orient it properly with the nib when the cap is posted.

lwalden

Freddie, you might want to try a fountain tip from a Jr Gent (if you have one) in the Baron. I've switched tips between the baron and Jr vII gent previously and they are compatible.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Guys. I have ordered a Baron FP kit. When it comes I will give the conversion a try. I assumed I could take the RB parts off and put the FP parts on to convert from a Baron RB to a Baron FP. I have done that with Jr's but have never been asked to convert a Baron before.

Top Bottom