Ran across this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

William Young

Eagle;
That looks great and the price is right. I may even make one out of thin plywood for my big lathe to save the US to Cdn dollar exchange and shipping charges.. I have a freindly glass man that would give me some plexiglass for the front in exchange for a pen. One thing I was curious about is the way it is attached to the lathe bed. Looks better than differnt stands and bungy cord and string and wire arrangements than I have seen [:D] . At first I thought maybe the bed would have to be drilled and tapped for fastening the metal bracket but I suppose a couple clamps would work .
W.Y.

dwstevens

I have one of these on each of my lathes. I drilled and tapped some holes in the bed on my first lathe,(Carba-Tec)and that works pretty good, just have to be sure that the bracket is level with the lathe bed so that you can manipulate the Banjo around inside the hood. When I got the second lathe (Jet Mini VS) I found that I couldn't use the Hood in the same configuration due to the height of the headstock from the lathe bed. The bracket was always right where I wanted the banjo. I used the directions posted in the files section of this site to construct a new and more banjo friendly attachment method using two 2" wide strips of Oak and rare earth magnets. This works great with the hood because now I can slide it anywhere I want to on the bed of the lathe.

pnctar

I have a similar hood from Rockler and just use a couple of c-clamps to fasten it to the bed of the lathe. Works great! When turning you can see the chips coming off and straight into the dust hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom