rainbow TiNi?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redwd707

OK, new guy here, so it's time for a silly question.
I'm sure many of you have seen the rainbow titanium nitride-type coating on pocketknives such as the Kershaw rainbow Leek. Has anyone ever seen this coating on pen components? I believe it has the same wear characteristics as the commonly used black and gold TiNi finishes, that is to say its very durable. Id assume the application process is fairly similar, yet I've never seen a pen kit available in this finish.:confused:

Attachments

• ker1660VIBrnbwlk.jpg
    ker1660VIBrnbwlk.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

redwd707

OK, Im bringing this back to the top. Evidently this finish is not currently offered in a pen kit. Is there any interest (besides me)? Imagine the durability of black titanium nitride but the raibow colors of abalone! Like abalone, the colors shift and change as you move the object. I would think they'd sell pretty damn well, I know Kershaw sold a ton of those knives.
Any opinions?

Last edited:

Curly

It probably would look good. The two exceptions that come to mind are, that not all blanks would work with it and that the pen parts, being small may not show off the plating to effect like a bigger surface does. It reminds me a little of case hardened parts I've seen on guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

Top Bottom