Radial Arm Saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

The last time Fred, ptownsubbie, was here he mentione using my reaial arm saw instead of the table saw. gave it some thought and finally cleared it out good and used it today. Man what a breeze to work with compared to the table saw. It is so much easier to move the blade and not the wood, acrylic, whatever to do most things. i would still be setting up for the things i finished this afternoon. i cut, filled glued and rough turned a 4 sided celtic knot, cut, filled and glued a segmented blank and rough cut my Vulcan Teak into some blanks and large pieces. Amazing the difference.
thakns for the tip fred. It works just great

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

A small Craftstman RAS was my first saw I purchased (about 20 years ago) and it still stands in a prominent place in my shop, ready for use whenever the need arises. I personally like using my bandsaw for cutting blanks to length, but can see how the RAS would work well for doing the Celtic knots and such. It's my first choice for any miter cuts for that matter.

Jon-wx5nco

I have a RAS that my dad gave me. It hasnt been used in years. Where is a good place to buy blades?

paintspill

radial arm saw is my personal favorite. as for the blades, standard table saw blades fit. but there is a blade with what is called (i think) a negative hook angle made special for these type of saws. glad to see the r.a.s. is slowly making a come back.

Live2Dive

I picked up my Craftsman RAS used on Craigslist for $75, and LOVE using it, but I prefer using my band saw for cutting my blanks to length.

Top Bottom