Quit working

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alzey

Has any one had an issue with they spray can of CA Accelerator not spraying? I have only had it 2 weeks. Cleared the nozzle. Tried to spray it without the nozzle. Nothing.

Guess I will call the store tomorrow to see if they will exchange it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Curious what brand you are having trouble with. I heard of some issues with a particular brand and am curious if it's the same one.

OKLAHOMAN

We have had this problem with the 3 oz Stick Fast, and the canner of the product has changed the valve, even if you had'n bought it from me I will exchange it for you if your supplier won't.

Alzey

We have had this problem with the 3 oz Stick Fast, and the canner of the product has changed the valve, even if you had'n bought it from me I will exchange it for you if your supplier won't.

It is the large can of Stick Fast from Woodcraft. I will contact them tomorrow. They are about 10 minutes from my office. Thanks for the offer Oklahoman but I am sure Woodcraft will take care of it.

sumterdad

Yes if you are using the stick fast accelerator there is a problem with it clogging up. I bought one from the local store around here and about a week or two it clogged. I just so happened to mention it to the store and they replaced it with a new one. That one done the same thing. What I have done so I didn't have to throw the can away was to take a safety pen and bend the tip alittle and push it till it just does out the top. This allows for the accelerator to spray out. I have not had a pro lemon since. When these two cans run out I will be finding a new brand.

OKLAHOMAN

Chris, they have changed the valve and fixed the problem.
Yes if you are using the stick fast accelerator there is a problem with it clogging up. I bought one from the local store around here and about a week or two it clogged. I just so happened to mention it to the store and they replaced it with a new one. That one done the same thing. What I have done so I didn't have to throw the can away was to take a safety pen and bend the tip alittle and push it till it just does out the top. This allows for the accelerator to spray out. I have not had a pro lemon since. When these two cans run out I will be finding a new brand.

sumterdad

I meant to say not a problem since phone is weird in its spelling sometime. That is good to hear they have fixed the problem cause I do like there glues and the accelerator just not the clogging issue. So if has been fixed I will keep buying it. Thanks for the info Oklahman

Carl Fisher

Yup, that's the one.

I just bought a can of this last weekend and so far have been ok, but we'll see if it blocks up on me when I need it most this weekend.

I have the big can (12.5oz)

tjseagrove

My first large can started to leak then bled out over about 5 minutes. The replacement I got now squirts out large drops in a cone shape instead of a nice fine mist. Guess I will have to go back to my vendor (who has been great) and look for a replacement again.

Tom

OKLAHOMAN

Guys, I've been in touch with John Metwick the President of Stick Fast keeping up with the problems and the remedies for the Activator. They have been working on the fix and now have it, but remember there are still many of the old cans on shelfs so the possibility that you can still get a defective one is still there. Stick fast is replacing all defective ones so go to the dealer you purchased it from and if they can't replace it I will. This is a great product that had a packaging problem not a quality problem and it has been solved.

Here is a copy of the E-Mail John sent me yesterday:

John Matwick - TMI Products

show details 9:55 PM (16 hours ago)

Roy,
Thank you for covering so much ground on this.
The summer batch of Activator was a problem for us with the old and new cans. As you know the heat affected it all.
We have changed the spray valves (not the nozzles but the actual valve) and even changed the propellant to make it more stabilized in the heat.

We have been testing the changes in ovens for months to simulate an extended shelf life and the worst possible conditions.
All of the tests have shown that the Activator problems have been resolved.
We will give you credit for any cans that do come back to you – even if it came from another distributor. That was great merchandising and I will support you in any way.

I hope we get past this soon. I am afraid that people who bought the larger sizes will now be using them more and might just now start having problems. Hopefully not too many but as you said the word gets around quickly with the internet.

Thanks for the information,
John

Last edited:

gingerwood

I've also found that the stickfast accelerator will clog when it gets too cold. If you are using/storing it outside and the temps are dipping down below 50, try bringing it inside and letting it warm back up and trying it again. Mine started working again as soon as it warmed up.

Carl Fisher

Well that was perfect timing. 2/3 of the way through this 12.5 oz can, it quite spraying right between coats.

I followed the suggestion of another member and took the cap off and ran a pin from the inside of the cap out through the top. Worked like a champ and it will be enough to get me through this can this weekend. I just have to remember that is sprays out the top now.

Top Bottom