Quill/plume pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

My wife and I made the unfortunate mistake of renting the movie "Amadeus". I love Mozart, not much sweeter than a lil' night music.

Anyhow, throughout the miserable flick, I kept noticing the quill pens and how that was the way writing was done for centuries.

The thought just occured to me that this would make a neat gift.
With the abundance of fowl hunters, lol, and road kill we have in this area, I'd love to make some quill pens as novelty gifts and such.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Yes, do it. An internet search will bring up a lot of info on quill pens. Later ones used metal nib inserts. I keep a quill pen in a reproduction ink pot on top of my computer as a reminder that what we create doesn't need a computer. It all originally comes from the mind of man. Martin Luther wrote over 500 books using quill pens.

20069221419_qulll%20pen.jpg
<br />

kent4Him

I'm going to have to disagree with you on Amadeus. Okay, I didn't care for it the first time I saw it, but it grew on me. I now own it on Video and Laser Disk. There it is.

redfishsc

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Yes, do it. An internet search will bring up a lot of info on quill pens. Later ones used metal nib inserts. I keep a quill pen in a reproduction ink pot on top of my computer as a reminder that what we create doesn't need a computer. It all originally comes from the mind of man. Martin Luther wrote over 500 books using quill pens.

20069221419_qulll%20pen.jpg
<br />

Thanks Rifleman.

Is that a swan or white goose feather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom