quick help- caligraphic pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dilland

my brother was showing our pens to his teacher, and she does wedding invites in caligraphy. She wants pens with different tips, are there like, kits with "caliraphic tips" but, different kits with different sizes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

monkeynutz

I know there are calligraphy nibs made to retrofit standard FP kits, but I don't know how many different sizes are available. Check AS, BTW or CSUSA. I have not seen a pen kit to build a Calligraphy nibholder from scratch. It may be that you could utilize the guts from an off-the-shelf nibholder, the same as many of us do with Pentel pencil guts. Out of my league on this one, though.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
You can buy dip pen kits from my ad here. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32430 Most art supply stores carry additional Speedball nibs which can easily be swapped out.

Image Insert:
200821325537_DipPen4.jpg

its_virgil

After you get the parts from Lou you can read how they can be made here: http://www.RedRiverPens.com/articles
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Dilland

my brother was showing our pens to his teacher, and she does wedding invites in caligraphy. She wants pens with different tips, are there like, kits with "caliraphic tips" but, different kits with different sizes.

sparhawk

I bought a friend of mine a calligraphy set from michaels. My daughter works there and after inspecting one of the kits I found the thread pattern fit the round top european fountain pens that Berea makes. I believe they are made by Manuscript brand. He made a round top european with desert ironwood burl and screwed on one of the manuscript nibs and viola! he had a calligraphy pen.:D

Top Bottom