Questions on PSI Mini Tabletop Mill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

This is the first grinder I have made. I followed the directions exactly. I don't think the top should be exposed this much and the crank has a lot of "play" in it. PSI photos show the metal top flush with the wood. The recess in the instructions is not deep enough for this. Anyone else have issues with this. Any suggestions on a fix?? May blank was 3-1/16" long, instructions said the minimum was 3". And, the cap on the crank is also crooked.

Attachments

• Grinder3.jpg
    Grinder3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Grinder1.jpg
    Grinder1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

had some time in the shop this weekend and decided to work on two more of these little pepper mills. Drilled the blanks the same as the first ones except I made the blank a bit longer and the larger holes a bit deeper than per the instructions.

Everything fits great on the second one! I also noted the stem mechanism on my first kit was longer than my other two. Apparently I got a bad one from the factory. Unfortunately it had to be my FIRST one of these. I believe I can simply cut off part of the stem at the top where the cap attaches and solve most of the problems.

Rangertrek

Since this is the first one I have made, I really can't speak to the durability issue. I appears to have decent components. I plan to load in some peppercorns and give it a spin. Maybe I can do a followup in a few weeks.

aplpickr

Drill the top hole 0.25" instead of 3/16" deep. The top guide will not work with the screws provided. Use glue according to instructions. There is not enough wood to use the screws. I used 5 minute epoxy and drilled a couple of holes in wood and made sure glue was continuous from wood holes to holes in metal ring.

Top Bottom