question on teachers pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

hi people my question on teachers pens is for the people who make these what is a good price to put on them i most of the time use the method of 3x the kit to come up with a price if i do that i come up with 20.00 a piece this is about average for around here is this to low or to high i have never sold these before and trying to get a feel for what they sell for i know it is all in the venue for what you get out of them but i was just wondering what everyone else sold them for.

plantman

:confused: If you are paying $6.50 a kit, your paying way to much !! These kits can be had for as little as $2.95 each. The small amount of wood it takes to make them usualy comes out of the cut-off box. Even if you paid $3.95 each, you could sell them for $14.95, and still make $10 each plus a $1 for supplys. You should be able to turn this pen in 15 minutes or less. That's $40 and hour for your labor. Unless these pens are a gift for your kid's techer, they are a hard sell if priced to high. Where you live, will change the price you can ask them. Peace !! Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom