Question on the Schmidt pencil conversion kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodyoureally

Hi,
I have a customer who is looking for a matched pen/pencil set with a religious theme. Most pencil kits I have seen are for 7mm. Really limits the options for a set. I came across the Schmidt DSM 2006 and 2007 on exoticblanks. Has anyone used this conversion kit? If so... Do you have any input?

Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

It's a good working mechanism, I have used it with both the cigar and the perfect fit kits. Works well with those 2, I haven't tried it with any of the other kits using the parker refill.

Crashmph

I have used the Schmidt .5 and .7 as a ready drop in with several dozen different parker style refill pens. Only a minor adjustment is needed to the plastic end cap to keep the lead in the mechanism.

There is a .9 available that I personally like to write with over the .5 and .7 but you have to modify the nose cone of a parker style refill pen to accept the mechanism to fit the pen. I do not have the dill bit size with me now, but I can check when I get home this evening.

Cwalker935

I have used the Schmidt .5 and .7 as a ready drop in with several dozen different parker style refill pens. Only a minor adjustment is needed to the plastic end cap to keep the lead in the mechanism.

There is a .9 available that I personally like to write with over the .5 and .7 but you have to modify the nose cone of a parker style refill pen to accept the mechanism to fit the pen. I do not have the dill bit size with me now, but I can check when I get home this evening.

Could you provide a little detail with respect to "Only a minor adjustment is needed to the plastic end cap to keep the lead in the mechanism."

Thanks.

Top Bottom