Question r.e. Jr Statesman Pen II CLOSED

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mewell

Before I go ordering something I really don't want, doe the Jr. Statesman II have all metal parts? I was really disappointed in the Ligero and its' plastic center band.

Thanks,
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The Jr. Statesman II is a "more decorated" version of the Jr. Gent II. If you've done one, you've done em both.

Only plastic (as I remember) is the insert that has the threads for the centerband, to keep the cap on. The rest is "undefined metal".

Visible parts are rhodium and 22 kt gold, depending on kit choice.

It is a nice kit - not worth $20, but a nice kit.[:)][:)]

mewell

Thanks Ed - I'm looking for a "step up" from the Jr Gent II so it looks like that may be the one. The others up from there are too much (both $$ and glitz!) for this foray.

Mark

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mark,

The pen IS nice, depending on material used. I strongly suggest Alternative Ivory and Jade. Oh, and I just happen to know of a good source for BOTH of the above - isn't that AMAZING???????

mick

Mark, I gotta agree with Ed, the Jr Statesman as well as the Statesman are very nice pens. The first two years we did shows and sold pens I carried Barons and Emperors, Nothing in between size-wise or price-wise. Last winter in preparing for our spring season I decided to carry both Jr and full size Statesman. They were an instant hit. I now had a pen glitzer than the Baron and a pen as big as the Emperor but at a lesser price. It filled the missing niche very nicely. I've since backed up a bit and now am making a few full size Gents to give my customers yet another option!

mewell

Thanks for the feedback, Mike - That is precisely the kind of pen I'm wanting. The Jr. Gents do really well in shows here too so another "step up" is exactly what I'm after.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Gerry, if you are still awake out west, this is a DPS blank and a slimline made from it. DPS stands for Dawn's Pretty Stuff. [:)]

2007618235151_DPS.jpg
<br />

BTW, DPS blanks are sold by DUOM (Dawn's Ugly Old Man) [}:)][:D][;)]

gerryr

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Gerry, if you are still awake out west, this is a DPS blank and a slimline made from it. DPS stands for Dawn's Pretty Stuff. [:)]

BTW, DPS blanks are sold by DUOM (Dawn's Ugly Old Man) [}:)][:D][;)]

ROTFLMAO

BTW, it's 8:45 and sun has not yet set.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I am, of course, hurt to the quick!

(seconds pass)

OK, I'm over it!!!

Thanks for showing Dawns PEN POTION #9 Cav!!! (Dawn's Pretty Stuff is "Cav" for the Pen Potion #9) (He speaks LOOOSSSE-EEEEE-AANNNNAAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom