Question on Perfect Fit kit assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I just tried my first "Perfect Fit" pen kit and it doesn't seem like all the parts fit together properly. The lower half assembly went to gether smoothly. The finial end of the upper tube seems fine. Where it says to press the three piece center band onto the exposed brass tube. That's where things get messy. The centerband just flops around on the tube. Next the cap end gets pushed onto the lower assembly. The tube in the cap end doesn't press onto the exposed brass tube either. It's way sloppy. Very frustrating having just used a high dollar blank on the kit. I see why Karl hates em.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

I just did one, it wasn't sloppy, but it didn't have to be pressed on. I just used some CA and glued it on. I like the kit. I don't worry about gluing because even euros have to be glued.

pipeyeti

Originally posted by retired-sofa-spud

Steve, did your kit use the 14B mandrel? I noticed that if I push the cap end on without the centerband it fits together fine but the CB doesn't fit the twist holder.
Is your tenon the correct length?

toolcrazy

Originally posted by retired-sofa-spud

Steve, did your kit use the 14B mandrel? I noticed that if I push the cap end on without the centerband it fits together fine but the CB doesn't fit the twist holder.

Sounds like you just may have a defective kit. My CB slid on with the tube protruding inside just ever so slightly. And everything looks and works perfect. And yes, I used the 14b bushings.

Top Bottom