Question for Nils @ CSUSA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

I was wondering and possibly others were thinking along the same lines, I it seems that the Emperor kit is success and is there any chance that CSUSA may introduce a Jr. version of the Emperor ? I am sure that it would possibly be an even bigger hit than the full size Emperor.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikey

What I really like is the fact that the Gent and Statesman full size pens take the same tubes and bushings. The Emporer takes the same drill sizes, but it would be even nicer it the Jr Emporer took the same drill bits and stuff as the Jr Gent II and Jr Statesman II[8D] I really can't stand having to buy new stuff for every kit that keeps coming out, so with a JR version that matches other kit sizes, there will be at least a half dozen more sold. LOL.

alamocdc

How about Cleopatra? or Prince? or Princess? Nah, they don't really go along with Emperor do they? Not really asian in theme. I got it... Goddess! [:D] At least it goes along w/the same time period.

Mikey

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />
Originally posted by Mikey
<b>I really can't stand having to buy new stuff for every kit that keeps coming out</b>

Hey Mikey..... are you and Frank related... [:p][:p][:p]

Um, no. However, I don't do this as a business right now, so I may get maybe a few different pens of varying styles to see what someone likes. When I have to keep buying bits for every different kit, that sucks. (ie, 12.5 mm drill bit??)[:(!]

TomServo

I agree with Mikey, FWIW :) And I'd love to see a Jr Emperor... I'm a big anti-fan of big chunky pens. I love the look of the Emperor pen, however, and would jump all over a slimmer cousin (wife?).

JimGo

Mikey,
Since you're doing this as a business, Harbor Freight had a set of something like 125 different bits, Titanium Nitride coated, on sale for around $40. It's a great way to solve the problem of not having the right bit, and at a great price (costs less than having to buy a few of the expensive bits).

Mikey

No, I said I wasn't doing it as a business. What really sucks is that I just bought two 28 piece sets from HF. If I need to go back and get a 115 piece set, I'm going to kill the someone. Walking in there is like meeting everyone at the trailer park, in a place with nice lights and heat.[xx(]

I may need to get the large set though simply because my 25/64" bit makes the holes too big, but the next smallest size allows virtually no room for the tube. If I can match up an inbetween size, the whole set may be worth the $$.

JimGo

Sorry, misread your post Mikey! If you don't want to spring for the big set, you could always try sanding the inside of the blank after drilling with the 3/8 (e.g., wrap some sand paper around the 3/8 or the 23/64.

gerryr

Also what I have found to be exceedingly handy is the drill bit chart in HUT's catalog. It list drill bits by fraction, decimal, wire/letter, and mm. If you don't have HUT's catalog, email me and I can send you a PDF of the chart.

nilsatcraft

Sorry I haven't replied- I left early yesterday because I wasn't feeling too well and came late today for the same reason. Mikey is on the right track- a smaller Emperor would be really great. We're currently looking into whether or not we would be able to carry such a pen in the near future so keep your eyes out and who knows- there just may be a Jr. Emperor in the Spring Catalog. No promises but time will tell [:p].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom