Question.. How to make this work..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RyanNJ

i am going to be making a cigar with flies cast in it. I am thinking the tube should be painted white so i have gone ahead and done that.
I was thinking of just putting the flies in the top of pen and doing something else on the bottom, what material should i use for the nib end that will compliment the flies?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I will assume that you are thinking about tied fishing flies and not house flies, fruit flies, etc?

The style of tied fishing flies makes a difference --- and the style and location you are seeking to make -- My brother ties flies for fishing for crappies in Minnesota -- Salmon streamers are more my style.

Whatcha really thinking about???

RyanNJ

I am not sure what style.. i am just using what i tie. and also what some of my fly tying friends have made but dont use. I know i want the FISHING flies on the clip end and something different on the nib end but i am not sure what, Is there a wood that you think would work or should i cast something for this part as well?

ldb2000

How about a picture to match the fly . If your using a Bass fly then a picture of a Bass breaking the water or a Salmon for a fly you would use for that fish and so on .

aggromere

if you could figure out how to segment bamboo longways so it looks like an old fly rod and maybe wrap some of the string they use to fix the eyes in place in a couple of places.

I tried doing a fishing rod pen and used the black carbon fiber blanks as the lower. I think bamboo would look better. I have a few extra bamboo blanks laying around that i got from big rob if you want one, PM me your address. They are kinda hard to turn but look really nice when finished.

Maybe cut a groove in the bambo and push in a piece of leader line.

Just some crazy thoughts.

Top Bottom