Question on FP pumps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

marjoe

What are they used for? I thought FP's had a cartridge, do you need a pump to fill them with ink or wash it out? The last time I used a ink pen was in school with an ink bottle in the corner of the desk.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
There are two remaining primary methods for inking a fountain pen. The first and most prevalent is the cartridge. Bottled inks must be loaded into a reservoir by way of a pump---generally a piston-pump. In the old days, there were a number of methods to fill the reservoir including by eye dropper.

driften

If you are using Cartridges you don't need the converter at all. If you would like to try bottled ink, place the converter in place of the cartridge, turn the knob on the converter until all the air is out of it, then place the nib in the ink bottle and use the converter to draw ink up. Then you normally use it to force a drop or two out of the pen and you are ready to go. Make sure the ink is for FP's not dip pens.

marjoe

Does the converter come with the pen kit? If you have the converter do you still need a pump? As you can see I know very little about this. I take it that the converter is the same as a blatter. Thanks

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The converter pump comes with the Baron kits.. if you are doing a Jr Gent, you need to buy one...
The converter and pump are the same thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom