Question About Shell Casing Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ScoJo

In order to make a pen from a real shell casing, is it necessary to do it kitless? Is it possible to substitute a real casing into one of the "casing" kits? What caliber would that need to be?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ragz

Real casing bullet pens aren't kitless. You can use any 7mm kit you want to make the pen. You just have to drill out the casing to accept the tube and the lead to let a refill pass through. The libarary should have tutorials on them

lorbay

In order to make a pen from a real shell casing, is it necessary to do it kitless? Is it possible to substitute a real casing into one of the "casing" kits? What caliber would that need to be?
No it is not necessary to do it kitless. I use a copper slim kit and a real bullet (but don't have to). I make 100 of these a month, so PM me if you need some quick tricks.

Lin.

sbell111

Real casing bullet pens aren't kitless. You can use any 7mm kit you want to make the pen. You just have to drill out the casing to accept the tube and the lead to let a refill pass through. The libarary should have tutorials on them
Not to mention cigar and sierra kits.

navycop

I buy the reloading type of shells from Bass Pro shop. The primer is already out. I soulder in the tube, attach a 7mm nip and transmission. Then put a blank on top and call it a pen.

Top Bottom