Question about rollerball and fountain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

To give an update on the kits i recieved, after looking em over i have decided to try and make some pens from them. I did find some bushings, however there is one that looks like it is 2 different sizes, dumb question, why, is there a tennon required to make these? I would like to make a pen and give it to the guy that gave theese kits. All help appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

It depends on the kit. Some require tenons. Some will just be larger on one end than the other. Do you know what the kits are called?

glycerine

Yes then, I believe the classics require a tennon where the center band goes onto the cap. Do you have a parting tool? I think that's the best one to use for cutting tenons. If you've never done it before, you might just want to practice on some scrapp wood first, but it's not bad, just take off little bits at a time so you don't over turn it...

Craftdiggity

The American Classic pens require a 1/8" tenon where the center band attaches. Very simple to do with a parting tool or a skew. The key is to make this cut as close to 90 degrees as possible. If you are going to err, then err on the side of cutting a bit over 90 degrees so that the centerband matches up cleanly to the wood...If that makes any sense to you.

Chris

Top Bottom