question about pricing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker1967

hi guys i need a little help on pricing a pen that i did for relay for life. it is a tycoon rollerball 24ct on two toned ( sap wood mixed in) with 10 coats of ca glue as the finshed and polished to 12000mm. they want to know a value of it for the flyer. what would be a good price for this i know it would be better with a pic of the pen but they already have it and my camera is broke.
thanks for the help.
p.s. i am thinking in the range of 150.00 but not sure

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Well, if you can justify that price, more power to you and go for it.

You don't say two-tone "what", but unless the wood has special value I would say that I would have a hard time selling it for more than about 1/3 of that assuming that I would sell it at all. I've gotten to the point where I won't sell 24K kits because I'm concerned about the durability. If its gold, its Ti Gold if available. I will also do a few "upgrade" golds in a pinch if there is components that I can't get in Ti and really.

Now you are asking about a fund raiser, not a sale - but when I donate my pens for fundraisers I put the estimated value at my sales price.

Whatever you choose, hopefully your pen helps the fundraiser - good job doing it! I try to do at least 10 pens a year to various charities. Keep it up if you can!

Lee K

Is is for an 'auction' of some type?

You probably could inflate the value a little bit to get them to start the bidding higher..... but not double ... (just my opinion :redface: )

Top Bottom