Question about pen mills...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

Hey guys and gals, I got a question.

I purchased my pen mill and shafts from CSUSA some time back, and unfortunantly just broke my 7mm shaft![xx(] Anyway, I was just about to place an order with Bear Tooth Woods and wanted to get one from them if was interchangable with CSUSA mills. Does anyone know if the CSUSA mill will fit on a Berea shaft? I hate to place two differant orders for just one item. As you know shipping is just a killer!

Thanks for any help!

Micah

Oh, I did look on their BTW's website and they said they didn't know...:(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micah

Thanks Chris. I figured it would be something like that.
I absolutley love how these companys go out of there way to make parts and things just a hair differant. You don't think that they do that on purpose so that you have to spend that much more money..........nah.

Ron Mc

Micah,
I have one from CSU as well and absolutely love it! Yet....I too will be having to replace the shaft. Mine didn't break...it just seems to have grooves or voids in it due to my screw gun.
I'm hoping that I can buy a new shaft! Have you checked yet?

In no way am I saying that something is wrong with the shaft. This is absolutely the best pen mil I have ever used and have prepared LOTS of blanks.

dbriski

I can tell you the CSUSA is a much smaller shaft than the woodcraft mill. The shaft of the 7mm is the same size all the way where the CSUSA the shaft end that goes into the mill is smaller than the business end of the shaft, but the CSUSA cutter works WAY better than the woodcraft one.

micah

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Not sure what happened to mine. I had it on my press and was just milling a blank. All the sudden parts and pieces started going everywhere. Probably just broke from normal use. I guess I've had it for a little more than a year now.
I ended up getting a new mill and shaft from Wood Whimsies. They had one for a pretty good price, and was cheaper than ordering a new shaft from CSUSA when you take in consideration I was going to order some kits from them in the first place. I don't know what kind they are and about there quality, but it will get me by for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom