Question about a pen design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Farr

With the birthday bash going on I am not sure if anybody will notice this post but here goes. I want to turn a pen that I have never turned before and I am looking at the Jr. Gentlemen's II. Would you like the smooth ends or the threaded end models?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

it all depends on if you want the cap to post or not.....i think the cleaner lines without the threads look better...but what do you do with the cap? matter of choice

leehljp

Member Liaison
With the birthday bash going on I am not sure if anybody will notice this post but here goes. I want to turn a pen that I have never turned before and I am looking at the Jr. Gentlemen's II. Would you like the smooth ends or the threaded end models?

I don't know which sells better but both are liked by different people. It is strictly a personal choice.

dgscott

Depends on whether or not you want to post the cap. I find that the Jr. Gentleman weighs just about the right amount with the cap off, so I rarely post the cap on it. Thus, the non-postable one would suit me fine. Remember, the weight of the entire thing will depend on the kind of material you use. The heavier the material, the more ungainly the pen will feel with the cap posted.

sparhawk

I like the look of the non-postable. BUt in my line of work i have to write my rounds outside or in different locations inside. I prefer a fountain pen. But due to my not being stationary i seldom have anywhere to put the cap. Made a closed end baron and used it for a few weeks but got to be such a nuisance that i went back to a postable pen. Again just personal preferance

Don Farr

Well you guys are a lot of help.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: thanks but I guess I will order some of each. Seriously thanks.

Pen Maker

If your doing wood, I like the gold postable. Plastic looks good with chrome/rhodium. MTCW

Rudy Vey

The postable outsells the non-post version (at least for me) many, many times. I make the Statesman Jr version and I sold so far one or two of the non-posters, but a lot of the postables.

My personal preference is the non posting style.. I don't like the cap on the end of my pen with any pen, but that's my preference and the one that is most important is your customer's perference. I make both and both seem to sell..

pipeyeti

I have sold dozens of postables while the first 6 I ever did were non postable and they just sat, no one would buy them. I finally gave them away as chistmas gifts. I will only stock postable ones now.

Top Bottom