Question about new design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
SWMBO saw these blanks and really likes them. Thinks it is a nice basket weave design. I was going for more of a herring bone look and as that it looks sloppy. Just wondering what others think.
I know that I am on dangerous ground and if my wife sees this I will be asking to stay with one of you, but she doesn't know any of you so please be honest. It is drilled for a EL grande kit and was about 3 days in design and about 150 pieces of wood. It is what I came up with as a result of the HB 360 thread. It is still in the design phase.

Attachments

• DSC00291.jpg
    DSC00291.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 399
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Very NICE! I can see your wife's point of view. It does look like a basket weave. Even though you may not have been going for that look, I would smile and say, "I knew you would like it and I made it just for you!"

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The design is not bad. it looks like the bottom 2 rows had better joints than the top 2 rows. Looks like a very very small differences in the dimensions were catching up with you. That may be the sloppiness your seeing.

djwood1

Looks good, I've never tried anything like that yet. Posts pics when you get it complete. I bet it will be a good looking pen!

jwoodwright

Feb 12 will be 33 years and I've learned to say exactly when I find myself in that situation!
LOL...
Now, when you get the pattern to where you want, you tell her it is to differentiate your pen from hers...

Us old dogs know all the tricks... If she see's this, I'm dead and won't have a birthday tomorrow... LOL, I think...

broitblat

I like the looks of it. I understand what you're saying about the "sloppiness", but in this case, I think it works to add character to the layout.

-Barry

Scoots

I agree with the others and your wife. It does have a nice and unique weave design to it. I can't see the flaws using my itouch, but I wouldn't care about flaws with that kind of a design anyway. Basket weaves never look completely uniform. I'd keep the design and keep trying on the Herring bone design as well.

jeffnreno

You have a lot more patients than I do - 150 little pieces glued together!!! Wow
It's a little hard to tell what the finished pen will look like.
I hope you post the finished pen. Thanks for sharing.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
The first thing I thought of was "like a basket weave." I LIKE basket weave. And I think your design is really neat! I'd love to see it when you get it done!

Top Bottom