Question about the Majestic jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaspar

I have never done any of the Majestic Series. Can the gold accent band be removed from the Centerband of the Majestic Jr? What about the accent band on the cap? (Edit from first post: I note from a picture the end piece on the Maj Jr does not have an accent band.)

Any help would be appreciated. The quicker the better. :)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kaspar

the finials are easy to remove, just knock out with a punch. the center band not so easy but is possible.

Thanks, but I'm not sure you've understood what I am asking. My bad, I should have been clearer. :)

I'm wondering if you can disassemble the cap finial and centerband to remove the gold accent bands and replace them with another material.

Dale Allen

Not sure about the cap. The center would be easy enough to remove but the gold band on the cap may be a problem.
Actually, without those pieces it is a rather common hardware. IMHO, you would decrease the value of the kit far more than anything you could do to increase the value. You would definitely add a lot of time to it. The idea behind removing the bands is to use a non-destructive material with a hole sized to not allow the band to pass. This way the center hardware can be driven out. With the cap section of the majestic, there is a crown cast into the hardware that looks to be as big on the OD as the band. Therefore there is no way to hold the gold band as the crown would not be able to pass ahead of it in the sized hole.

Last edited:

Kaspar

I figured it would decrease the value and add a lot of work, and I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't for a prospective customer. I will advise said person that it would be best just to retain the gold and skip the replacement material. Perhaps I can work it in another way. Thanks to both of you.

Last edited:

PenMan1

Removing the embellishments from the cap and centerband are really quick and easy procedures and if done carefully they can be reused.

There is a tutorial either in the library here or on the PMG site for disassembling the Jr. Statesman. Same jig works fine for Majestic Jr.

The jig for a full sized Statesman or Emperor also works just fine for full sized Majestic.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I figured it would decrease the value and add a lot of work, and I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't for a prospective customer. I will advise said person that it would be best just to retain the gold and skip the replacement material. Perhaps I can work it in another way. Thanks to both of you.
Look at some other kits and you might find what you want in a close configuration.

Top Bottom