Question about Center Bands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMckin5324

When you make a kit that has a center band do you glue the band in place, and do you glue it to the upper or lower barrel. I did a NT Designer and it fell and the center band glue broke off.

--Rick McKinney
Medfield, MA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cincinnati

Slip-on Center Bands

I would not glue the center band. It is designed to slip on over the transmission. On the odd occasion you may have to take the pen apart or replace the transmission.

arioux

Not sure what you mean by Nt (or is it TN). The 7mm designer use a tenon to slip the centerband on. I use a little bit of epoxy to glue the centerband to the tenon. Works a little better than CA on the long run. Some model of Designer (8mm Euro) don't have a tenon, the centerband goes directly on the tube. Same thing, a little drop of epoxy will old it in place.

zig613

Rick...

For the Euro-designer pen kits that requires a tendon for the centre band I use CA glue. I put a tab of thick CA glue on the inside of the centre band (not on the tendon) and slide it over the tendon and hold for 10 seconds.

Note, if you have the "new" Penn State euro-designer kit that doesn't require a tendon then I believe the band is intended to slide over the transmission like the centre band for a slimline or streamline. No glue is required.

Wade

arioux

I just realize that the NT is for no tenon, the new model from PSI. Like Wade said, no glue required but i never tried one of these yet so can't comment on the fitting and the way it works.

Top Bottom