Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Charlie has to change out the components of a pen because it looks terrible. The new one is doing the same. Tarnished and metal is actually worn off to base metal. It is my purse pen so it doesn't get beat up. Charlie says stay away if you can.

its_virgil

I wonder how durable Rose Gold is.Not to good! Have any of you been using this finishUsed once..been using: NO! and are there any durability issues with it.YES!!

Best I remember I used a rose gold from Berea when first introduced. Not happy and have not tried any rose gold since. Maybe the plating has improved but I'vwe moved on.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Had a rose gold pen I made for my self about 8 years ago. The pen tarnished and looked terrible. Haven't made one since.

Sataro

Tried a couple of them. Pen looks good but only for a short time. Finish does not hold up very long.

flyitfast

I can agree with everyone's experience. Made several Aeros with rose gold for a family reunion. Everyone tarnished and looked cheaply terrible.
I used Novus 2 on them as an experiment - now they have a chrome look, but don't know how long they will stay that way.
My opinion fix the plating or discontinue it.
gordon

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I believe Rose gold is mostly 24K with a little copper applied over a copper base. Usually you would expect them to clear coat it with epoxy which should give it a longer life...PSI does this and warrants their 24K gold for life. At any rate it seems like the experience with it says "stay away".

Top Bottom