Quality Pencil Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KCW

I'm hoping to get some suggestions for some quality pencil kits. I have someone who wants a couple pencils (I mostly have done pens) and I want to make sure I can provide a quality product. So let the suggestions flow. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Depends on what kind of pencil your customer is looking for. Do they want a thick 5mm lead or a fine.5mm? Do they want one with an eraser? I have sold a few of PSI's Workshop pencil and it turns out quite attractive IMHO, and it offers a variety of lead colors. But my favorite lately is the Vertex pencil kit. Long, thick body shows off your blank really well.

dogcatcher

I am a retired accountant, the pencil I liked to use was a Pentel and I had most of the various sizes. I have made hundreds of customs of the Pentel, for myself, gifts and to sell.

KCW

Depends on what kind of pencil your customer is looking for. Do they want a thick 5mm lead or a fine.5mm? Do they want one with an eraser? I have sold a few of PSI's Workshop pencil and it turns out quite attractive IMHO, and it offers a variety of lead colors. But my favorite lately is the Vertex pencil kit. Long, thick body shows off your blank really well.

She really didn't give me any direction, as far as styling, other than she wanted a few different styles to choose from. I would say that the workshop pencil would be out, and something with a regular writing lead size (.5, .7, .9) would be what she is looking for.

I will have to look into the Vertex, I'm assuming no problems with it so far?

KCW

I am a retired accountant, the pencil I liked to use was a Pentel and I had most of the various sizes. I have made hundreds of customs of the Pentel, for myself, gifts and to sell.

I have considered the Pentel route, and will most likely offer that as one of the options. It's also funny you say that, because my uncle is an accountant, and he will only use a Pentel .5mm.

Woodchipper

FWIW, I like the 0.7 mm as I tend to put too much pressure on the lead and break the 0.5 mm too many times. Haven't made any pencils......yet. May need to make a matched set.

gtriever

Depends on Click vs Twist. PerfectFit or Vertex for clickers, and Mistral or a modified Sierra-series get my vote for pencils. For a high-quality pen/pencil set, Mistral Ballpoint and Mistral Pencil is always a winner for me.

KCW

Thanks for your input everyone. Does anyone have any experience with Sierra pencil kits?

its_virgil

The perfect fit is a twist, not a click. But, it is my favorite oencil along with the pentel conversion. Personally I am not a fan of the large lead in the vertex. Otherwise it is a nice pencil.
Do a goid turn daily!
Don

Depends on Click vs Twist. PerfectFit or Vertex for clickers, and Mistral or a modified Sierra-series get my vote for pencils. For a high-quality pen/pencil set, Mistral Ballpoint and Mistral Pencil is always a winner for me.

Top Bottom